Content: 190 ml
ABV 55% vol.
Nuage de Larusée can also be used to prepare Sazerac, a legendary cocktail, invented in the 1850s, that came to epitomise New Orleans. Nuage de Larusée allows you not to waste absinthe – which is otherwise lost when this cocktail is mixed.
- 1 sugar cube
- 4cl of rye whiskey or Cognac
- 2 dashes Peychaud’s Bitter
- 1 dashAngostura Bitters
- Ice cubes
- Lemon zest
- In a cocktail glass, put your cube of ice and water, with just enough water to moisten it. Use the back of a spoon to crush the cube.
- Add the rye whiskey or the Cognac, as well as the bitters, stir about 30 seconds.
- On the edges of a previously cooled glass, spray 5-6 “pshiiits” of Nuage de Larusée. Then pour your preparation into this glass.
- Rub the edge of the glass with the zest of lemon, let it fall into the cocktail and … enjoy.